THE LITTLE BLACK BOX TO DO IT ALL. FAST.
The OWC Mercury Helios 3 PCIe expansion chassis gives Thunderbolt equipped Macs the ability to tap into a huge variety of pro-level performance PCIe cards, previously the sole domain of desktop workstations. Leveraging extreme performance Thunderbolt 3 and PCIe 3.0 technologies, Mercury Helios 3 delivers nearly unlimited expansion potential to your Mac. At up to 40Gb/s transfer speed, the sky’s the limit with the flexibility to completely customize the capabilities of almost any workflow or workstation.
EXPANSION COMES STANDARD
Mercury Helios 3 features one half-length (up to 7.75"), full-height, double-width x16 PCIe 3.0 slot to provide a vast array of expansion options. Two Thunderbolt 3 ports means Mercury Helios 3 supports up to five additional daisy-chained Thunderbolt peripherals including power delivery. Mercury Helios 3 also features an additional mini DisplayPort to add additional UHD or HD displays and an included Thunderbolt 3 cable.
MERCURY HELIOS SUPPORTS A HUGE VARIETY OF PCIE CARDS, INCLUDING:
- Fibre Channel
- 10GbE Network Interface Controller
- Video capture
- Digital audio
- Solid State Drive
- SAS controllers
- FireWire, USB, or eSATA host adapter cards
- Mac: macOS 10.12.1 or later
- PC: Windows 10 or later
- Note: Boot Camp is not supported
- Mac or PC featuring Thunderbolt 3 interface
- macOS (requires installed PCIe card be bootable and the Mercury Helios 3 must be connected to a compatible Mac host.)
- (2) Thunderbolt 3 - 40Gb/s
- (1) Mini DisplayPort
PCIe Card Support
- (1) PCIe 3.0 x16 (x4 mode) half-length (up to 7.75"), full-height, single-width or double-width
- PCIe card must operate with no driver or have a Thunderbolt-aware driver
- Please see the OWC PCIe Thunderbolt card compatibility chart for more information
- Not compatible with OWC Mercury Accelsior Pro Q SSDs.
- Thunderbolt 3 - up to 40Gb/s
- Note: Speeds will vary based on setup, configuration, and other environmental factors
Display Host Capabilities
- Supports dual display configurations via Thunderbolt 3 and Mini DisplayPort
- One display up to 4K @ 60Hz and a second display up to 1080p @ 60Hz
- Mini DisplayPort does not support DP++. An active adapter is required for use with HDMI and DVI displays.
- PCIe card minimum guaranteed power
- Power Supply
- External UL-listed, universal auto-switching
- AC input: 100 ~ 240V, 50/60Hz
- DC output: 12V, 10A
- Adapter plugs for international use sold separately
- Height: 3.2 in (8.2 cm)
- Width: 5.3 in (13.4 cm)
- Length: 9.7 in (24.5 cm)