Leave Your Limitations Behind… Go BeyondRAID®
Built on our award-winning BeyondRAID technology, the Drobo 5N protects your data without any intervention – even in the event of multiple drive failures. You can even switch from single to dual disk redundancy with a single click, ensuring enterprise-level dual parity data protection when required. Drobo’s with BeyondRAID are also self-healing and have virtual hot-spares. If a drive happens to fail, Drobo will automatically re-layout the data to return to a protected state without disruption.
Compact, Expandable Design
Built on award-winning BeyondRAID™ technology with single- or dual-drive redundancy, Drobo 5N protects your data without any user interaction, even in the event of multiple drive failures. Like all Drobo products, it’s fast and easy to set up and no software configuration required to have accessible storage on your network.
Capacity and Performance
Usually reserved for larger enterprise-class storage solutions, the Drobo 5N gives you the option to implement Hot Data Caching through the Drobo Accelerator Bay. This feature intelligently uses high-performance flash to accelerate performance, allowing the fastest possible access to your data.
To keep capacity of your Drobo 5N at a maximum, the Drobo Accelerator Bay accepts an industry-standard mSATA SSD, leaving all five 3.5” drives bays available for high-capacity HDDs.
Centralized Backup for Your Entire Network
The Drobo 5N enables network backup for Mac and Windows users. If you’re backing up your Windows 8 or 10 computer to your Drobo, File History is supported. The Drobo 5N also delivers the most seamless support for OS X Time Machine of any network storage system on the market today. Using Time Machine with Drobo 5N is as easy as one click in Drobo Dashboard.
Power Protecting Your Critical Data
The Drobo 5N doesn’t just protect from drive failures, it also includes a battery backup system that protects all data in memory or cache. That’s right, Enterprise grade data protection for you on your Drobo 5N! If power spontaneously goes away, the Drobo stays alive long enough for the data to be written to disk, ensuring your important information is always safe. The onboard battery recharges itself and is designed to last for the life of the product.
- 1 x Gigabit Ethernet port
Drives and Expansion
- Up to five (5) 3.5″ SATA II/III hard disk drives or solid state drives (sold separately).
- One (1) mSATA solid state drive in the Drobo Accelerator Bay for increased performance (sold separately).
- Drives of any manufacturer, capacity, spindle speed, and/or cache can be used. No carriers or tools required.
- Expandable by adding drives or hot-swapping drives with larger ones.
- Instant Expansion
- Mixed Drive Size Utilization
- Automatic Protection Levels
- Single – or Dual-Disk Redundancy
- Virtual Hot Spare
- Data Aware
- Drive Re-ordering
- 64TB filesystem support
- Drive bay indicator lights, capacity gauge, status lights
- Drobo Dashboard version 2.6 or later
Operating System Support
- Apple® macOS X 10.11 and higher
- Microsoft® Windows® 10
- Microsoft® Windows® 8
- Microsoft® Windows® 7
- Common Internet File System (CIFS) / Server Message Block (SMB)
- Apple Filing Protocol (AFP)
- Carrier-less Drive Bays
- Power Fail Protection
- Kensington Lock Port for Security (lock not included)
Additional Software Features
- Hot Data Caching
- myDrobo compatible
- Maximum System Capacity: 64TB
- Drive Spin Down
- Dim Lights
- OS X Time Machine Support
- OS X / macOS Time Machine Support
- Cloud access
Size and Weight
- Desktop Form Factor
- Width: 5.9 in (150.3 mm)
- Height: 7.3 in (185.4 mm)
- Depth: 10.3 in (262.3 mm)
- Weight: 8.5 lb (3.9 kg) without hard drives, power supply, or packaging
Power and Cooling
- External Power Supply:
- AC Input – 100-240VAC~2A, 50-60Hz
- DC Output – 12V, 12.5, 150W
- Dual, fixed, variable speed cooling fans
- Acoustics – Normal Operation:
- Operating Temperature: 10°C – 35°C (50° – 95°F)
- Non-Operating Temperature (storage): -10° – 60°C (14° – 140°F)
- Operating Humidity: 5% – 80%
- Drobo 5N
- 6 ft (1.8 m) Ethernet cable
- 6 ft (1.8 m) power cord with power supply
- Quick Start Card