Leave Your Limitations Behind…Go BeyondRAID®
Built on our award-winning BeyondRAID technology, the Drobo 5C protects your data without any intervention – even in the event of multiple drive failures. You can even switch from single to dual disk redundancy with a single click, ensuring enterprise-level dual parity data protection when required. Drobo’s with BeyondRAID are also self-healing and have virtual hot-spares. If a drive happens to fail, Drobo will automatically re-layout the data to return to a protected state without disruption.
Enhanced Backup for Time Machine
Time Machine and Drobo: A Perfect Pairing
Apple’s Time Machine was designed to make backing up your files simple and painless. Pairing Time Machine with Drobo improves your data protection by ensuring your data is safe in the event of hard drive failure.
Upgrading With the Remarkable Drobo 5C
Once you experience how easy it is to use a Drobo you’ll know there is nothing that compares – but that isn’t the only remarkable thing about it.
Drobo takes upgradability to the next level. Not only can you upgrade capacity with no downtime by adding new drives or replacing smaller drives with larger ones, you can seamlessly upgrade to a new Drobo 5C by simply removing the disk pack from your current system, and moving it to a new Drobo 5C. Upgrading not only gives you an instant performance or capacity boost, but also delivers all the other benefits of the new Drobo.
Drives and Expansion
- Up to five (5) 3.5″ SATA II/III hard disk drives (sold separately).
- Drives of any manufacturer, capacity, spindle speed, and/or cache can be used. No carriers or tools required.
- Expandable by adding drives or hot-swapping drives with larger ones.
- Thin Provisioning
- Instant Expansion
- Mixed Drive Size Utilization
- Automatic Protection Levels
- Single or Dual-Disk Redundancy
- Virtual Hot Spare
- Data Aware
- Drive Re-ordering
- Drive bay indicator lights, capacity gauge, status lights
- Drobo Dashboard version 2.8.3 or later
Operating System Support
- Apple® macOS X 10.11 and higher
- Microsoft® Windows® 10
- Microsoft® Windows® 8
- Microsoft® Windows® 7
File System Options
- Apple® macOS: HFS+
- Microsoft® Windows: NTFS
- Carrier-less Drive Bays
- Power Fail Protection with Internal Battery
- Metal Chassis and Cover
- Kensington Lock Port for Security (lock not included)
Additional Software Features
- Drive Spin Down
- Dim Lights
- macOS Time Machine Support
Size and Weight
- Desktop Form Factor
- Width: 5.9 in (150.3 mm)
- Height: 7.3 in (185.4 mm)
- Depth: 10.3 in (262.3 mm)
- Weight: 8.5 lb (3.9 kg) without hard drives, power supply, or packaging
Power and Cooling
- AC Input – 100-240VAC~2A, 50-60Hz
- DC Output – 12V, 10A, 120W max
- Fixed, 120mm variable speed cooling fan
- Drobo 5C
- 3.3 ft. (1 m) USB 3.0, Type-A to Type-C cable
- 9.3 ft. (2.8 m) power cord with power adaptor
- Quick Start Card